Sunday, July 20, 2008

Muffins

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE muffins. And I'm not a hater. I like all kinds; Blueberry, pumpkin chocolate chip, raspberry coconut, Mimi's Cafe buttermilk spice, poppy seed, chocolate chocolate chip, Cranberry orange and the list can go on. A few months a go I was on a muffin kick and every Sat. for a month a made a different kind.
I made Blueberry muffins this weekend. This is the recipe my mom always used and its one of my favorites. Gavin loves them too. I made them Fri. night for Saturday morning. (The youth in our ward had a Bishops Storehouse assignment, and I wouldn't have time to make the muffins Sat. morning.) Gavin ate two of the that night, that was after he had already eaten dinner. So, I thought I would share this recipe with ya. I love a good recipe. So, think of me and share when you have a good one!

Blueberry Muffins
2 1/2 c. flour
1 T baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
dash of nutmeg
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. shortening
1 large egg
1 1/3 c. milk (supposed to be whole but I have used 2%)
1c. blueberries they can be frozen or fresh (I cheat and put a little more in)

Sift all the dry ingredents together in a bowl. Add shortening to the dry ingredients until you have small crumbs. Beat in milk and eggs to the crumbs. Stir in blueberries. Bake in a greased pan 20-25min at 350
*I bake them in muffin liners, and then I freeze 1/2 of the muffins once the are cooled.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

yummm I love muffins too! I will def have to try this recipe!

aprilaleman said...

I appreciate people sharing their recipes, I am more likely to make this then something that sounds really really hard... so basically what I am trying to say is, thank you. :)

Janell said...

It must be a good recipe, whenever you share something it is always good. Which reminds me... can you give me the recipe for the yummy cupcakes you brought to the ward picnic (the ones from Everyday Italian). I couldn't find the recipe online. We are going to make them for dessert at Enrichment Night :) Those were the best EVER!

Jen.Steve.Joe said...

I love muffins! Especially because they are one of the few things Joe will eat...have you ever made doughnut muffins? Those are pretty yummy too.

April and Jason said...

Hey Amber...sorry to do this to you, but I tagged you :) Its no big deal, but if you wanna do it, you can read about it on my blog.